Saturday, October 04, 2014

it's just everything i do, we did together

Today's journal. I'm glad I didn't discuss my love of typography, but, got down to the nitty-gritty instead. I think it's important that I did that:

'I started this drawing on day one of my Go Sober For October challenge and did a bit more last night (day two). I had originally intended to discuss why 'd kept these specific wine bottles and my love of typography, fonts and lettering especially French stuff and the Art Nouveau period. But, I'm finishing this drawing on day three of my sobriety, which also happens to be a Friday night. And, twice I've had a wobble. The first time was around tea time, approaching wine-time, when all I wanted to do was drive up to Lil'Sainsburys (the same old routine) and get some wine. I didn't. And again, now. Again, I'm having a wobble. It's a Friday night. I should be drunk. My friend's are drunk. People on Facebook are drunk. And I'm not. And, I'm not going to lie, I'm not only jealous, I'm angry. I'm annoyed.'

Please sponsor my sobriety here; https://www.gosober.org.uk/profile/andreajoseph

11 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Good for you, sticking with the challenge!

dinahmow said...

Saturday noon here and I'm about to get lunch.I'll have an extra drink.Then I'll be drunk and I'll be able to blame you!
Cheers, m'dear!

CC said...

Ah, sweetie! I know...but there's lots of us who aren't drunk! And we'll hang in there with you! Keep sketching! (Maybe not wine bottles?) ;)

CC said...

Ah, sweetie! I know...but there's lots of us who aren't drunk! And we'll hang in there with you! Keep sketching! (Maybe not wine bottles?) ;)

Anonymous said...

You will learn more about yourself this month than you could have imagined. My sobriety has turned into my new life and it is amazing : ) Hang in there

Anonymous said...

Good for You. And I love the title.

Madame Van Stone said...

So that brought me to tears.
XO

Unknown said...

Very interesting Illustration. I love how your wrote the words on the bottle and your writing around the bottles. So humorous that your illustrating wine bottles when your frustrated with staying sober.

julie said...

Sober for October, sounds like a great idea in September doesn't it? Turns out to be really hard. Even without drawing bottles of wine. Makes me feel like I have a dodgy relationship with wine but I haven't, it's just that thing of thinking you can't have something making you want it. Day 5 nearly over now tho… I hope you keep going, I'm not sure I'll make it but I'm trying.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Cheers, guys.

Not sure what else to say really. Just, cheers. Which probably isn't the best choice of words. Haha.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh, and I've been listening to a lot of Kate Bush recently. I pinched the title from her.