Saturday, July 13, 2013

into tomorrow

I'm very excited to announce that I am now one of the branch directors of Dr Sketchy Sheffield. I love these events and am hoping that the skill sets that myself and my new business partner Miss Hell's Belle (!) will bring to this very glamorous table will not only ensure it's future in Sheffield but will also see it flourish. If you want to know anything more about Dr Sketchy ask away, and if you live in and around Sheffield come along. It's huge fun.

A word about the drawing, I made this drawing of the girl and woodsman at our fairy tale Sketchy event. It was just an outline in various pens - mainly markers. After these events I always lay out all my drawings on the settee, for a day or two, so that I can deliberate, cogitate and digest as I'm walking past them or sat in the armchair. I then let the drawing tell me if it needs any more attention. Sometimes they need nothing, but with this one I kept seeing the 50s comic artwork and specifically Roy Lichtenstien. So, I went out and bought a Bingo pen.

2 comments:

Polly Birchall said...

Lovely lady

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, Polly. She was!