Friday, March 01, 2013

i'm not out to convince you or draw upon your mind

 Finally, it's here! Yes, my copy of Danny Gregory's new book 'An Illustrated Journey' has arrived. And, somebody can't wait to see inside.
And, I don't blame her. It really is amazing. Really, I'm not just saying that because I'm in it. It's page after page of gorgeous sketchbook artwork. A cornucopia of carnet de voyage.
 My pages are nestled inbetween Cathy Johnson and Tommy Kane. Can you imagine that? Way back in my own (illustrated) journey I'd marvel at both of their work and dream of, one day, being a teeny weeny bit as good as them.
 Plus, there are just SO many other artists that I adore. ADORE, I won't mention any for the fear of leaving some out. You'll just have to get your own copy. It's worth every penny.
 A huge thank you to Danny for including me in this book. Now, I'm off for a cuppa. Then I'm going to sit down and travel the world, because somebody is just not prepared to wait any longer....
Oh, and you can get it HERE.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being included - well deserved it is too.

dinahmow said...

Well done! And what a sweetie, to be your page turner!

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Brilliant work Andrea, it looks fabulous, Well Done, I hope it brings you much joy, such lovely illustrations. :)

annechung said...

I ordered this book from Amazon and it arrived today. I saw your sketches in it, very nice.

Anonymous said...

I, too, love this book. It is so inspiring, and I have already lost hours pouring over the art and stories. I am so glad your amazing work is a part of this book - most deservedly so. :)) Thank you for sharing your art; it inspires and motivates me to pick up my own pen.

Anonymous said...

I, too, own and love this book - it is filled with inspiration, from the art to the narrative, i have already lost hours pouring over he pages. Your place I the volume is most deserved, and the spreads are beautiful. :)) Thank you for sharing your art, and for all of the inspiration and motivation it provides for so many of us.

T. Roger Thomas said...

That does look like an amazing book- congratulations to you on having your work included!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, so much guys. I feel honoured to be included in such a gorgoeus book.

Genius Moose said...

Excellent! I am so happy for you!

alarmcat said...

i bought this book last week....it's really wonderful. congrats to you!!